What Percent of Watermelon is Liquid?

Watermelon is a juicy and refreshing summertime treat. It’s made up of mostly water, so it’s no surprise that it contains a lot of liquid. But just how much liquid does a watermelon contain?

According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), a typical watermelon is composed of 92% water. This means that nearly all of the fruit is liquid. The remaining 8% consists of carbohydrates, protein, fiber, and other nutrients.

Nutritional Benefits of Watermelon

Watermelons are an excellent source of hydration and nutrition. They are low in calories but high in vitamins A and C, as well as potassium and magnesium. Eating watermelon can help keep you hydrated during hot summer days, while also providing essential vitamins and minerals.

How to Enjoy Watermelon

Watermelon can be enjoyed in many different ways. It can be eaten fresh or used in recipes such as salads, smoothies, or even desserts. You can also freeze it for a refreshing treat on hot days. No matter how you choose to enjoy it, watermelon is sure to provide you with plenty of liquid refreshment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *