How to Make Spanish Rice from a Box
Spanish rice is a flavorful and easy side dish that can be made in minutes. If you’re short on time, you can make it from a box with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s how:
1 box of Spanish rice mix
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup water
1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion (if using) and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the water and bring to a boil.
4. Add the Spanish rice mix and stir to combine.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
6. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.