Using a Screwdriver to Boot a Computer
Booting a computer is the process of starting up the operating system and other software on the machine. It is usually done by pressing the power button, but in some cases, it may be necessary to use a screwdriver to boot the computer. This can be done by shorting out two pins on the motherboard.
Steps for Using a Screwdriver to Boot a Computer
1. Locate the two pins on the motherboard that need to be shorted out. These are usually labeled “Power” and “Ground” or something similar.
2. Insert the tip of a flathead screwdriver into each of these pins.
3. Gently press down on both pins with the screwdriver until they make contact with each other.
4. Hold them in place for several seconds before releasing them.
5. The computer should now boot up normally.