How to Make an Apple Cake from Scratch
Making an apple cake from scratch is a delicious way to enjoy the sweet taste of apples. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a moist and flavorful cake that will be sure to please your family and friends. Here’s how to make an apple cake from scratch.
You will need the following ingredients to make an apple cake from scratch: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter (softened), 3/4 cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups peeled and chopped apples, and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
4. Fold in the apples and walnuts (if using). Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to cool before serving.